Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Still in Bleiburg

As you can see, I have been busy climbing mountains....if you can call this "climbing"...
I take the car as high as it will go, grab my cameras and go for a hike. Some hikes are more strenuous than others, but none is a killer. I don't remember when it last rained in this beautiful country. Today is the first morning in a long time that I awake to a cloud covered sky. I have no doubt, though, that they will disappear by midmorning. (it is 7,50 AM now). Almost each night it rained a little. Just to take the dust of the "mulberry bushes on the side of a dusty road."... You should see a real Alpine Mountain Meadow. The are very difficult to photograph...the flowers are tiny and do not show well in a picture. But I may post one anyway, just to try...
Tomorrow I will leave Bleiburg for Velden. I am hoping for good weather, since "Velden am Woerthersee" is Swimming- in- a- warm- lake- country.... Not too warm...it's still refreshing.
After Velden I plan to travel all the way to Dresden. This will be a long ride, but I am looking forward to it. I've cancelled my reservation in Florence. Maybe I'll go there later, when it is no longer quite that hot.
Anyway...the pigeons are lining up again...so, I'll fly...
Auf Wiedersehen!!
bertstravels

No comments: