Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2008

All in a pretty row.....


These pigeons sit in a row very much like my thoughts.
All lined up, nicely...until one flies away, leaves an empty space,
just to be filled by another one.
Does the other one fit?
Anyway, yesterday I left Braunau for another extended "trip abroad".
The Bavarians started their holdiday (each province or state in Germany starts vacations on different days, to avoid traffic chaos.) Avoid?? traffic chaos?? The radio reported traffic jams 35 km long with delays of up to 5 hours to negotiate these 35km. So I took the long way from Braunau to Bleiburg in Carinthia, through the very pretty province (Bundesland) of Styria. With a couple of breaks for coffee and to refreshen my attention, I arrived in Bleiburg after 5 hours drive instead of the normal 3 hours. Christin was home. She had visitors and so we all sat around a large table on her terrace. These were lovely people, indeed.
Today I am planning a trip up to the "Hoch Obir" ...drive up to the last possibility and then walk. The entire hike to the very top would take about 1 1/2 hours. So that would be almost 3 hours walking both ways. I am not sure at this point if I am prepared to do all of this. In any event, we have plans to do things for the next 7 days. Friends and school chums will come from Altheim and Graz. We will all meet in Velden, which was one of Mom's favourite places. I have been promised to get our "Old" room # 83 or 84...
in the good old "Seehotel Europa"...
The early morning fog is rising. I am in the hotels "guest room" where I have a plug in internet connection. I don't want to miss any of the nice part of the day. The weather forecast speaks of sunny and warm.
So, with your permission, I am saying:
"Auf Wiedersehen"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: