Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Das Weisse Roessl (The white Horse Inn)

I am truly sorry and not a little frustrated: I am trying to post these items in a logical sequence.
...and yet, somehow I manage to post the last (The end) as the first and the Introduction comes out the Last. I've tried it this way and that way....you just have to start from the bottom and work your way up....
In any event, the show last night was beautiful, colourful and lively, full of great light melodies
and a very imaginative stage production. At the grave risk of being classified as a "cultural light weight" I confess that I truly enjoyed myself despite the occasional drizzle, from which only my camera was protected by a plastic wrap.
If Traviata tonight will be as beautifully staged as last night's White Horse Inn (and they tell me that it is vastly superior) then my visit to Rust was truly a successful adventure.
I was here with Gladys in 2006. we then saw "The Count of Luxenburg" in Moerbisch and in St. Margarethen we listened to a modern version of Bruckner's Eight....We stayed at the same hotel, the Seehotel Rust. We then had a larger room, which I no longer need, and we had a better view.

The weather today is gorgeous: Blue skies with white clouds here and there....
Can I complain? Not bloomin' likely
bertstravels

No comments: