Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Gender Discrimination

We've been driving for several hours.
It's a hot day. 
There's a Village here and a settlement there.
Ladies are selling vegetables on the side of the road.
They wave at us and proffer their sweet potatoes and other veggies.
We are heading for Musekese Camp and have time to stop only for a short while.
But now I see something which I absolutely must photograph.
I ask DJ, to stop and to back up a few meters.
The camera comes out of its dust cover.
I take several shots of this wondrous sight.
There it is:


It is a
Ladies, Fee Paying Toilets.
 Zambia's Most Affordable Network
~~~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~~
It is only after I recover from my total astonishment
 that I note that the "Men" on the right side has probably flaked off
 and that the Most Affordable Network 
refers to what is noted in the smallest letters, as
"airtel"

(likely a Cell-phone network)

I like it better without the explanation.
And I think that that's funny. Don't you?



No comments: