Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2020

MIZZY LAKE TRAIL on the way back



After this beautiful Fox had wandered off, we sat for a while,
munching on our lunch and congratulating one another at those absolutely 
marvelous sightings.
Christin kept shaking her head. "How lucky can I get? My first time here
and I see this Super example of a Bull Moose and then a Fox parades 
in front of us as if to brag about his wonderful tail."
I am super pleased. This, after all is my country and 
by extension this was my Moose and my Fox.
We had finished our lunch and we drink the last drops 
of the cooling Iced Tea from the thermos.
"What else is in store for us today?" Christin asks with a broad,satisfied smile on her face.
"Our hike is only half over and one never knows what else might cross our path." I said.
We slowly walked from our high perch to the pond.


Is this the first nipping of the Autumn winds? Noooo! Can't be!


Some long Grass in the slow moving river.




After two small turtles on a log and a green Frog on a Lily-pad
we get back into the brush land.

As if on Que there is a deer and a Raccoon-




This clever "masked marvel" is mostly close to wet land
where he crouches on the shore line, 
scanning the sand with his paws
trying to find small crabs or fishes, or, in fact, anything eatable.


Since this search often was successful 
and he extracted and then devoured 
his victim, it looked to early observers as if he "washed" his victim.
The Raccoon got stuck with the name: "Wash Bear."


1 comment:

steven said...

great shots of colourful birds