Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Birds of Algonquin

Slowly we made our way back to the head of the trail.
We had seen much, but by no means all there was to see.
There were birds.  A great many birds.
I'll show you some of them and from my picture library I'll add some I had seen on previous occasions.
So here it goes:


New World Oriole


American Fish Eagle, "The Ospray"



A "Common Gull" in high flight.


Mergansers



"Red-winged Blackbird"



"Red Headed Woodpecker"


Male "Baltimore Oriole"


"Scarlet Tanager"



"Ruby-throated Hummingbird"


"Mamma Mallard with 9 Ducklings"


"Canada Goose"


"Common Loon"



Two "Red-winged Blackbirds"


"Blue Starling"


"Waxwing"

It is entirely possible that I miss-identified 
one or the other of these birds.
I am, after all, not an 'Ornithologist" ..
just an ignorant photographer!

No comments: