Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Christin and the Moose

"Have you closed a Pact with the Moose of Algonquin?" I asked Christin.
"Oh  yes," she replied with a straight face. "The Moose and I have agreed, 
that whenever I am near, they will come out on Parade."
"Well, I am not surprised," I said. "Because it can't all be just Beginner's Luck."
Herewith, just a sample of all the sightings we had of this animal.




In a small Bay, at the north end of Lake Opeongo



Two Moose Cows looking for their favorite food:
Mostly roots of Waterlilies


Carefully and quietly we paddle closer and closer.
She is so intent on foraging, that she either does not see us,
or, if she does, she could not care less.


This is an 'actual distance' photo. 
No Tele-lens was used.
Christin could have touched this cow with her paddle.
Had this been a Bull, we would have kept a more respectful distance.



Just as Christin waved "Good Bye" to this lovely pair,
The Bull (below) stepped out of the wood


So, naturally, we had to stick around a little while longer
to pay our respect to this proud Bull Moose.




We saw this unbelievably sized specimen
while hiking along the Mizzy Lake Trail.
I know I've shown this one before,
but this "mighty master" of the Park
is well worth another gander.








It does not get much better than this!









No comments: