Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

There are "Drivers" and then there are "Italian Drivers"

I toodle along at about 140 km/h, since the posted limit is 130...I commit the deadly sin of being in the "fast lane"...thinking, oh simple mind that I am, that at 140km/h you have a right to be in the fast lane. When all of a sudden I notice the absolute furios blinking of headlights behind me. It's a BMW, or a Mercedes, or in fact, a Volks Wagen...(Hitler never had these speeds in mind) driven by an Italian or a German...I make sure I can change lane safely, move over quickly and I am being passed at speeds which make me want to get out of my car to check if I am moving at all....These guys are doing at least 200km/h...Don't ask me why I know that...I just do...
At our, Canadian, highway maximum speeds of 100km/h, one would truly be a danger on theses roads....I cannot imagine going 100 on the 401...(I never do anyway )....
That's all I have to say about "speeds"...
bertstravels

No comments: