Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A little bit of Venice

Ever since I left Innsbruck in the rain, and after having crossed the Brenner Pass, and paid my Toll on the Italian "Auto Strada", the weather has been simply fantabulous. Nothing but brilliant sun shine from an almost cloudless sky. I took the train from Pontegrotto to Venice. Best advice I have had..You leave the train almost in the middle of "The happening"....and then I walked:
from 9am till 4pm I walked and took pictures...There are uncountable numbers of visitors, just like me, walking about and taking photos.
What can I tell you about Venice, that countless others haven't already written and talked about.
The guy who said: "Venice to see and to die" suffered a bit from exaggeritis. I would rather say:
"See Venice, enjoy it, but be glad you live some place else.....Yes, the City is beautiful...it is stunningly interesting...it is probably like no other City in the world....And, yes, i would go back again and photograph some more, at greater leasure, now knowing and appreciating the distances, which are certainly managable.
So, dear friends and family: Look at these pictures, look at one or the other in the larger format and wait with baited breath for the report about "Padova", which I will visit today......Bert

No comments: