Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good Bye - Auf Wiedersehen-

Yesterday was my last full day at the Alpenblick. The weather, as you can see by the pictures I posted was one of the glorious days, writers write about, and photographers dream about. Gorgious is probably an understatement.
So, I thought I should tell you a bit about a typical day. (there are no "average" days...they are all outstanding.
Up at 6.30 to 7.00....shower and dress and go down for breakfast: I sit on the patio, at a table covered with white linnen, under a white umbrella, served by a well schooled waiter in a white starched shirt and black freshly irond trousers, or a waitress in a lovely "Dirndl".
The few people, passing by on the pathway outside bid me a : "Guten Morgen" with a smile. I greet them back with the same "Guten Morgen."
The waiter asks: Tee oder kaffee? I select Kaffee...then i go to the Buffet which offers a huge selection of fruits, meats and cheeses, Cereals of at least 10 varieties are on a seperate table.
So I eat a hearty breakfast, since I will likely not have any lunch.
After breakfast I am off by car, somewhere into the mountains. I always drive as far as one can, park the car, grab my camera gear and hike for 2 or 3 hours. During the afternoon i find another valley, or as yesterday a fabulous mountain peak and hike some more. (and yet, I do not seem to be losing any weight.)...Maybe that's because the dinner is, to say the least "scrumptioliscious..."
Yesterday I missed a Brassband performance. I was in my room, asleep right after dinner. I must have slept like a log, since I never heard the 50 man high brassband. What a photo op I missed.
Met three very nice English couples....
Will now go and pay my bill...If you don't hear from me in a while, I fell over in a faint... all the "Gin and Tonics" probably added up....Anyway, I'll talk to you again from Innsbruck....Bert (DaD)

No comments: