Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2016

That's enough

Well, that's enough of "winter-pictures".
I just wanted to give a little jolt to those who complain about the "heat and humidity"
We had a comparatively mild but long winter. Then a so so Spring and, if I remember correctly, a  not so terrific early Summer.
It's been the last little while that temperatures were"summery" and already people are belly-aching because "it is sooo hot".
Well, folks, enjoy it while it lasts. Soon enough  the snow will fall.

Day after tomorrow, my Boeing, or whatever other plane Austrian Airlines are using, will lift off from Vienna and about 9 hours later we all shall be landing in Toronto.

Of course I will bring my cameras and my small lap top, so I can stay connected with you and the world.

This reminds me of something which happened just last week.
Periodically I check the "hit-counter" of this Blog and I am always pleased to read that, on average, this Blog gets around 40 to 50 hits a day.  Sometimes more, occasionally a few less.
The majority of visitors come from Canada, Austria, Germany, Russia (of all places) and the occasional visitor registers from places such as Belgium,  France, Romania, China, and other romantic countries.
Last week the counter shot up to over 300 on one day. On closer examination there were almost 200 alone from, you will never guess it, "Mauritius". Are there actually 200 people living on Mauritius?
Do all of them have a computer ? so, I wrote to my daughter, Lianne, who is a computer Guru and told her that now I was totally convinced that my "hit-counter" is operated by an insane monkey.
Lianne surmised that somebody on Mauritius opened the site of my Blog and did not turn it off properly, so each time the page "refreshes" it counts like a new hit.
So far, the only thing I knew about Mauritius, was that they have two or four very very very expensive stamps. 
I got interested and "Googled" Mauritius.
A volcanic island in the Indian Ocean with the capital city of Port Louis, it houses about 1,300,000 inhabitants. 
If you want to know more about this beautiful piece of Real Estate, look it up in Google.

I hope to be writing from Toronto, the next time you hear about me.

Sincerely

Bertstravels.

No comments: