Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2016

In McMichaels Gallery

Whenever I am in Toronto, I never fail to drive to Kleinberg, a small town North/West of Toronto and harboring one of the best galleries, exhibiting predominately Canadian Artists.
There are, of course, always the famed "Group of Seven and Tom Thompson" there are wonderful "First Nation" artists and now, I find, somewhat interestingly some very modern artists.
Let me show you some of both:


A.J. Casson (1898 - 1992)

WHITE PINE




Emily Carr (1871 - 1945

SHORELINE 



Lawren S. Harris (1885 - 1923 )

LAKE SUPERIOR ISLAND



Colleen Heslin ( 1975 - )

CHAIN OF COMMAND



Colleen Heslin
TRIAL BY FIRE



Colleen Heslin
DASH  1975



Colleen Heslin

NO VACANCY



Doris McCarthy (1910 - 2010 )

BROUGHTON REFLECTIONS

Now I ask you!
Take Casson, Carr, Harris,  McCarthy and then, just for an instant look at Heslin.
I would hang the "No Vacancy" in front of an apartment building and ....   and what.... and nothing...

Bertstravels
knows what he likes
and what he does not like.


No comments: