Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A truly rare sighting in A.P.

We were on our way back. This time with the current and, although the wind had shifted and again blew into our faces, it was now a mild breeze and paddling was now a true pleasure.
Passing one of the few places where you might land, leave the canoe and stretch your legs a bit, I saw a flash of light brown in the underbrush. We stopped and I noted a red splotch on a long light brown neck.
There they were:
Three Sandhill Cranes:
In all my many many visits to this paradise of  nature I had never seen Sandhills.
But there they were. Leisurely stepping from one bush to the next, then out in the open, constantly foraging:
Have a look:


For spotting this bird, John gave me the title of 'Eagle Eye'







An Adult Pair and a Juvenile

No comments: