Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Kingston, Ontario

We left home at about 8AM and after some difficulties, caused by Detours in Kingston,  we found the Holiday Inn. I had no reservation and the City is very very busy. Big Holiday time !!!
Upon the clerk's question I gave him my last name. 2 seconds later he asked: Mr. Reeter, do you still live in Bleeburg ? So I told him, yes I still live there, but we changed the pronunciation, along with that of my last name to Reitter and Bleiburg. We had a good laugh and I got, so he claims, the very last room.
At the price they now charge, it should be the very last room.....
Tonight we intend to stroll a bit around Kingston and tomorrow we aim for the Rideau Canal, in the direction of Ottawa.
Jan, my companion, is an absolute delight. Intelligent, smart and friendly. He wants to do the dishes at home, and, although we use the dishwasher, his help in stacking and then emptying the machine and putting the dishes away, while I sit there, reading the paper, is sheer delight.
Today was a good day! Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

Bertstravels.

No comments: