Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

6 more days

Yes, this month in Toronto and environs is slowly, but surely, drawing to a close.
It's been an eventful 3 weeks, so far and promises to provide for a further 6 busy days:
Today, Thursday, the 24th of July, my son Steven has taken Jan to a Blue Jay base ball game. I wonder if Jan will enjoy himself. Base ball is a most difficult game to truly understand. Although Steven spent some time in an effort to explain the game to Jan, I have my doubts as to his success.
At 1 PM I shall have lunch with John Andrade and his lovely wife Veronica. John and I, in years gone by, spent many a day fighting against one of the dumbest rules ever perpetrated by a Government upon its people. The so-called "Rent Review Legislation" which we both fought out of conviction and professional interest.
I will have dinner tonight with Howard Carson, Lianne's business partner.
Tomorrow we shall drive to Hamilton to visit with my friend, John Nolan. He's been in Africa with me 3 or 4 times and I am certain we shall relive some of these exciting memories.

No comments: