Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Good Old Toronto

Well, I am back in good old TO and it is as lovely a town as I remember.
As clean as a whistle, all the trees (and there are hundreds of  thousands of them throughout this town) in juicy Green.
The hustle and bustle of a big City, cranes dot the skyline between skyscrapers. The tallest one will be 85 stories. They have just completed the 70th floor... 15 more to go..  and guess what : the ones right up to about the 60th floor, largely already sold as Condos. ...  The people are, so Jan observed, exceedingly friendly.
We walked the downtown for hours...  my feet were about to fall off... and in all this time and in this large area covered by us, we saw fewer than half a dozen beggars.  I see that many or more on the "Alter Markt" in Klagenfurt. Also, remarkable, we saw two patrols of two cops each on bicycles, leisurely cruising down Yonge Street. I just asked Jan if he remembered any others: Yes, he says, there were two police cars which he saw somewhere in the downtown area.
So it seems, Toronto still is a peaceful, clean place in which to wander about and enjoy a great day.
I am sitting in a Starbucks where they feature free wireless Internet connections. It'll  take a few days before I get my own in my home at 53....
Till next time, when I have more time available. I can only drink so much coffee...
Signing off and sending all of you my best

Bertstravels.


No comments: