Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

People, Cars, Computers

If People treated cars like they treat Computers:

Helpline: General Motors Helpline, how can I help you ?
Customer: I got in my car and closed the door and nothing  happened.                           
Helpline: Did you put the key into the ignition slot and turn it ?
Customer: What's an ignition ?
Helpline: It's a starter motor that draws current from your battery     and turns on the engine.
Customer: Ignition? Motor? Battery? Engine ? How come I have to know all these technical terms just to use my car ?


Helpline:   General Motors Helpline, how can I help you ?
Customer: My car ran fine for a week and now it won't go               anywhere.
Helpline:   Is the gas tank empty ? 
Customer: How should I know ?
Helpline:  There is a little gauge at the front panel with a moving needle and markings from 'E' to 'F'  Where is the needle pointing ?
Customer: It's pointing to 'E' . What does that mean ?
Helpline: It means you have to visit a gasolin vendor and purchase   some more gasolin. You can install it yourself or pay the                   vendor to install it for you.
Customer: What ? I paid thousands of Dollars for this car! Now     you tell me that I have to keep buying more                                    
components? I want a car that comes with everything                       built in.



Helpline: General Motors Helpline, how may I help you ?
Customer: I  just bought my first car, and I chose your car because it has automatic transmission, cruise control, power everything....
Helpline: thanks for purchasing our car. How may I help you ?
Customer: How do I work it ?
Helpline: Do you know how to drive ?
Customer: Do I know how to what ?
Helpline : Do you know how to drive ?
Customer: I am not a technical person. I just want your car to take me places.

The above, I think, applies only to persons my age.
Today's Youth seems to be borne computer savvy.

Bertstravels
also has grown beyond this.

No comments: