Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

A Whale of a Whale

We went Whale watching in the Bay of Fundy. In Digby, Nova Scotia, we chartered a boat and went out searching for a whale. One hour went by and then another half hour. I had chartered the boat for two hours, with the condition that I could prolong the duration of the charter.
The Captain assured me that we shall see a Whale, or Whales today, as he had never failed before and was not about to start now.
Just as he finished assuring us that we should not have come for nothing, Christin spied a dark shape in the distance. 
Carefully we worked our way closer. By law we could only come to within 30 meters of this animal. Then we discovered that it was not one lone whale, but she was, in fact, accompanied by a baby. 
In the weaving and bobbing waters of the Bay of Fundy I held my camera as steady as possible and clicked away to my hearts content.
To my great regret and chagrin I missed the Whale's "breach". 
The one you may see below, I stole from the Internet. All the others are mine, and mine alone.






The image below is taken from the Internet.
Unfortunately I,  just by the blink of an eye,  missed
"our" Whale's breaching.


No comments: