Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Long Night of the Dance...

The town of Bleiburg simply never fails to astonish me.
Yesterday, they featured "Music and Dancing" in a series of performances under the title :

"The Long Night of the Dance."

Fourty Artists, performing thirty shows in ten locations.
I saw two of the shows and, let me tell you, I was impressed.
Gloria Benedict performed a Solo Dance piece and later, in the "Culturni Dom" the "Zita Swoon Group" and the dancer Simon Mayer performed music and dance in the  "Indie Rock and Dance" style.
I regret that I lack a sound track on this Blog, or you could have heard "Indie Rock" loud and clear.

Without a sound track, you just have to be satisfied with the pictures:

The Solo Dancer Gloria Benedikt


All Men and Women are born free and equal in dignity and rights.




I truly regret that I cannot show you the fluid motions 
of the dancing, nor can I let you hear the lilting music
to which this lovely, graceful woman performed.











********************


The Zita Swoon Group, 

and the dancer Simon Mayer






Under very dark lighting conditions
and, of course,  without flash,
with ISO betweern 4000 and 6400



This 7 person band played "Indie Rock" with utmost enthusiasm
and utmost amplification.



Simon Mayer, the dancer !



The whole Band rocked and swayed
to their own music,
carried away by the movements of the dancer.







No comments: