Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2015

H A M L E T

Since this was, I am ashamed to admit, my first 'Hamlet' I can tell you, that it was also the best.
From the opening scene, I was thrown into this play with all its intricate plot, its incredible language and the superb acting of its players.
Sitting in the first row and wearing head phones I heard and understood almost every word and when the ever so well known lines came to life on this stage, cold shivers ran down my spine.

Since photography is strictly a 'no-no' , I could take only a very few pictures, shot out of my lap, with the lens wide open ( 28mm ) and the ISO set on automatic and showing between 4000 and 6400.
It is testimony to the Nikon D610 and a great lens that I was able to get these indoor pictures.




The Festival Theatre


The new King, Claudius, brother of the late King Hamlet 
and the widow of Hamlet
whom Claudius married and, beside the queen, 
young Hamlet, who considers this marriage
as 'incest' and is wildly opposed to it.


Burial of Ophelia




The ensemble is rewarded for the performance with thundering applause
which rose to a crescendo for 'Hamlet'.


Given the opportunity, I would go and see this play again
 tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.


Bertstravels
betrays his enthusiasm.


No comments: