Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2014

THE FOUR SEASONS

....no no, not by Vivaldi, but by Bertstravels in Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada.

A friend wrote to me and suggested, that I should post on my Blog Canadian Images of the Four Seasons.
I always and quickly rise to any challenge and searched through my Algonquin Park images for pictures which would fit this theme.

Well Frank, Scio, Captain, #10 ... I hope you will be satisfied.

In doing so, I readily realized that  nature in its seasonal variety is beautiful, irrespective of location. The mountains and the valleys of Austria, show this breathtaking beauty of the Four Seasons, every bit as well as the landscape of Northern Ontario, specifically, Algonquin Park, this nature reserve of almost 8000 square kilometers and 2500 lakes and rivers.

For this demonstration I have chosen the Canadian scene.


The light green of the low hill rise fulfilled the 
promises of the coming of Spring time.


This "window" unto Misty Lake shows a number of small islands
with mostly coniferous trees, but springtime was in the air.




A "bunch berry" blooming in Spring.



Summer time has arrived and the blooming "bunch berry"
has changed to a fruit bearing plant.


The shore line is a lush green
and Irises grow in perfusion.
(please view this picture in the Large Format)


My rolled-up sleeves surely are proof of summer temperatures.


Summer is coming to an end and Autumn takes its place.


Golden and red maple leaves have gathered, 
along with mushrooms,
 at the foot of a large maple tree.


Canoeists paddle along one of the many lakes
with coniferous and deciduous trees along the coast line.


This is Autumn in Canada


When Winter comes and the temperatures sometimes drop as low as -30 degrees
I do very little hiking and no ( I mean NO ! ) camping.

*****************

Just a little "Four Seasons" in Algonquin Park,
presented by

Bertstravels.






No comments: