Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Art vs Art

Most people who know me, also know my taste in Art.
I dislike charlatans and therefore I dislike so-called Artists, who take a piece of canvass or paper, a brush and some paint, smear some paint with the brush on the canvass and then call it "Art".
Oh, I forgot, they almost always dream up a fabulous title, like "Imagination 1" or, "Deep Contemplation 6." or some such meaningless title. 
Every now and then I meet a true artist and I always like to see and show their work.
One such is "Monika" and here are just a few of her works.


Now, Monica does not call this painting 
"Devastation 17"
In fact, she calls it nothing. She just paints it and lets you look at it
and allows you to come up with your own words; if you need any.
and if the gentleness of her strokes and the balance of the painting as a whole
does not talk to you, then maybe you are deaf.


Can you see the whiff of smoke, which almost hesitatingly emanates from the chimney ?
The sun has just gone down, leaving a yellow-pink hew in the sky.
It's cold, nobody there;  the whole family safely snuggled up in their
"House in the Woods."
That's what I call it. Monica just shows it to you.


Just imagine: Monika paints a sunset.
In modern Art this is a No-No.
Even though, this sunset is beautiful.


Oh, horror of horrors: Monika paints a beautiful bunch of flowers.
I suppose she should have just slathered some different colour paints onto the middle of a canvass
and called it:
" ???"


Would somebody have called it "Poppies" ?




No comments: