Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Vienna

At the moment I am in Vienna, spending a few days with friends.
Yesterday I walked from 9 AM to 4 PM, with some few rest pauses, and took many many pictures.
I look forward to sorting them once I am back home and posting some of the more interesting ones on this Blog.
I spent 2 hours in the 'Albertina' and viewed works by Albrecht Duerer, whose 'hare' and 'praying hands' were hung with several others. There were also drawings and painting by Michelangelo, and quite separated from these ancient masters, there were paintings by Picasso, Chagall, Monet, Renoir, Degas, Cezanne, and many more.
The works of these 'modernists' are stunningly beautiful, although, if you look for realism, you won"t find it. You will find, however, works of Art which spellbind you and almost hobble you to the spot.

Bertstravels looks forward to the next coupla postings.

No comments: