Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

For a Change of Pace

Well, here I've been writing about my take on Religion, about my worries concerning the political mood in Austria, about the non-observance of what I consider to be the most important day in modern history and Goodness knows what else.

When I should have just told you about how  beautiful the days are, how blue the sky and how white the little clouds, making the sky interesting
AND
our Swimming Pool.

It needed cleaning in the worst way. After a long Fall and bad Winter, the pool looked green. Greener than Green. Dark Green... so dark, you could not see 2 inches below the surface.
Christin thought that our gardner should clean the pool.
I thought that I want to do it, because I would appreciate the result so much more, if I can look at it, dive in, and say:
"I did that!"

So, I spent an entire morning and half the afternoon, all in all I estimate about 6 backbreaking hours, maybe more in cleaning the walls of the pool. 
When it was done, it took about 36 hours to fill it with two hoses.

Here it is Now....  
Aren't you just a little envious ? 
If you promise to clean the pool next year all by yourself, you may come and jump in.

Right now, it's the domain of

Bertstravels


above and below:
taken from our balcony you can still see the snow atop the Petzen
and also the Swimming Pool, inviting us to a quick dip.
Water temperature today: 15 C



above: a quick shot taken from my studio

below: taken from ground level...
ain't that a joy ???

approximate dimensions of Pool:

7m x 3.5m x 1.7m

Dimensions of sky: Unlimited

No comments: