Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2020

The Knights of the Road!

 Got a bit tired driving the other day, so I pulled into  rest stop to close my eyes for a few minutes. Trucks upon trucks lined up. It's a Sunday and trucks are not allowed on Austria's highways on Sunday.

There is this one which caught my eye. The epitome of the lonesome life of an overland trucker.

On Saturday evening he pulls into one of the many rest stops. He goes and has a bite to eat. Maybe he'll have a beer or two. Some of the stops, when there is a Restaurant, also have showers.  What a break. He'll get the sweat off his body and the tiredness off his bones.

If he wants "to do his laundry" a little imagination is required.

And here it is: "The Quick Laundry" no Ironing required....



Just caught this one, as I was about to leave, out of the corner of my eye.
I simply had to take his picture and then turn around to take some more. 


The lighting was terrible, with the sun streaming behind the truck.



Although, from a technical point, these pictures are nothing to be proud of,
I want you to see them still.
He's been on the road, all da long. He too got tired.
Probably he called his wife, to tell her that he is "bushed, but Okay".
Maybe he grabbed a bite to eat and a couple of beers with a trucker friend,
But it's not a life I would relish.



I should have waited around to get this "Knight of the Road"
working in his "Laundromat."

 

No comments: