Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

All's Okay again.



Room 7, Station F

I'm sitting here on the side of my bed in the Landeskrankenhaus in Klagenfurt, Austria.
My good friend, Gionluca Serafini will pick me up tomorrow at 11.30 AM and bring me home to Bleiburg.

Outside, for the first time it is drab and dreary. Heavy cloud cover hides the Sun which has been blazing from the bluest of blue skies during the last two weeks or so.
Do I care?
You bet I don't. Tomorrow is coming-home-day, after 16 long days in Hospital.
Tomorrow is returning to Bleiburg day, where, so Christin tells me, many friends have been asking for me.
Tomorrow the weather does not count. It could rain in buckets or hail or snow.
Tomorrow will be a great day!
Tomorrow is coming-home- to-Christin-day.

Each day, which I spent here, I heard helicopters soaring in, landing on the roof of one of the hospital's wings. I don't see it, but I imagine that after the motor noise has ceased, stretcher bearers are rushing up to the 'copter, unloading victims of car crashes, of industrial accidents, and other life threatening problems, and I am secretly glad that I am sitting here, with a repaired right lung and not lying on a stretcher in the Helicopter or in an Ambulance.

What a great day it is today and what a great day it will be tomorrow

Bertstravels
still counts his blessings.

No comments: