Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Birds of Africa

When I returned from a Safari in Africa, some years ago, I discovered that I had taken pictures of 60 different species of birds. I had not even tried to specifically photograph birds. It just happened that way. I'll show you some of these images. A fraction of the different species flitting around Zimbabwe and Botswana.


The Yellow Billed Hornbill!
A close relation, maybe a brother of the Red Billed Hornbill.


The Hammerkop !
About the size of a little duck, 
it nevertheless builds the largest Nest of any Bird in Africa.


The Pale Chanting Goshawk


The Little Egret
a successful fisher and frogger


Aegyptian Geese


Kingfisher


The Purple Breasted Roller,
one of the most colourful birds in Africa




The Crimson Breasted Shrike

*****************

Here are 10 different birds, 
photographed in Zimbabwe and Botswana.
There are another 50 in my Photo-Gallery,
while many many more escaped my lens.

No comments: