Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Art for Art's Sake !


I seem to be surrounded by talented painters:
Here are samples of a few of them. 
Each of them has worked in a variety of styles. 
Unfortunately I can show only a limited number.
There will be more later.



"Cinque Terre", by Frank Vessio


"The Badlands"
by
Nat Capitanio


"Grey Mare"
by
Nat Capitanio



"The End of the Dialog"
by Franz Brandl + 2013




"The Horsemen of the Apocalypse"
by Karl Brandstätter


by: Burgie 



Self Portrait
by: Dainese


"The Hills near Bleiburg"
by Dainese




"The Apocalyps"

by: Hermann Falke


"Forest Wedding"

Hermann Falke





 Giselbert Hoke  + 2015


During a conversation with Giselbert Hoke, I used the word 'abstract' in relation to his style.
"No, no", he said, "My work is not 'abstract'. To paint in the Abstract one has to have a 'thing'
which you then paint in the Abstract. In my work," he continued, "the painting itself is the Thing."

*********

Bertspix Productions made a DVD presentation show of each of the above artists, except for Frank Vessio and Nat Capitanio.
When next I return to Canada, I will produce such a show
of the work of these two talented Canadian Painters.

Bertstravels




No comments: