Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Braunau am Inn (again)

I'm back again in the town in which I grew up.
It still holds an attraction for me and not only because some of my best friends and relative live here, but it was the place I used to call home between the ages of 4 and 23.
So, each time I come here, I post some pictures on my Blog, even though they may be annoyingly repetitious.


The upper part of the main square ( above and below )



from the beginning of 1937 to the mid 1955
I called "Stadtplatz 22", the building on the right, my home.



Some nooks and crannies.


below:

Dinner in Braunau with family and best friends



Charly  and his wife of many years, Margret.
I just have to tell you this:
Charly, a professional musician, was the biggest Casanova, 
the most prolific Don Juan which you have ever heard of.
The chances of an enduring marriage were rated by his friends as slim to none !
Margret, however, tamed him and after a while, Charly realized that he could not possibly 
have found a better women, wife and mother, and Charly became a faithful husband.
(Not right away, but eventually.)



Veronika and Hermann:
Hermann is my nephew, the son of my sister. Hermann was a determined athlete. 
Playing indoor handball, ruined his knees and he was and still is in and out of hospital for a variety of reasons.
What a stroke of good fortune that he fell in love with Veronika, a Nurse.
Although retired by now, this lovely woman still practices her art on ONE patient:
Husband Hermann.


Besides the two couples, there is Hilde Engel. She does her last name proud.
Hilde was married to my late brother. She also was a high performance athlete,
having been selected to the Austrian National Team in Gymnastic, 
representing her country in the Rome Olympics. (1958 ? )
She still pays her price with a ruined back.





1 comment:

Lianne said...

Great pics - always fun to see them.