Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2015

NEW ART



In recent times I have visited an inordinate number of 
"Art Galleries",
"Private Showings" and "Vernissages"
Some, the rare one, told me that the "artist-painter" truly wanted to 
talk to the viewer.
The vast majority, however, struck me as simply trying to fool me and all the rest
of the gaping public.
There was one, for instance, who clearly dropped some dollops of different coloured paint 
on the top edge of the canvas, 
and then spread his fingers and thumb 
and drew them through the paint from top to bottom, 
making wiggly lines.
He called these "Works of Art" about 30cm by 30cm
"Fingerschmierereien"
literally translated: "Finger Smearings"
and, believe me, he asked and, I am told, he actually received €3000.00 for some of them.
It seems to me, and I believe I have once before stated so, 
that this Charlatan actually tells the art-buying public:
"You people are so stupid, that even if I tell you, that these "Smearings" have nothing to do with art,
you will still pay me several thousand of your hard earned Euros."


... so I got me some paint !
and a big white canvas,
and some brushes
and a white coat,
I already had an easel
and when the sun was shining
I set my tools up in our garden
and I splashed some paint around.
I haven't thought of a name yet.

Maybe I will call them:
Green on Green 1
Green on Green 2
Green on Green 3

It will be a long time before I ran out of titles.
In fact I surmise that I will run out of paint
a considerable time before I run out of  titles.



I just thought: If they can do it, so can I !

The way in which these "works of Art"
saw the light of day, is actually quite different 
from the above description.

Bertstravels
just wants to have some fun.

No comments: