Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Last Day of the "Wagner" journey

I'm sitting in the lobby of a very nice hotel in the City of Leipzig, Germany.
Although the computer told me that I had entered the wrong security word, the connection to my e-mail and my Blog was established without any problem whatever.
Day before yesterday we were in Dresden and heard a wonderful concert in the "Frauenkirche".
The story of this church and the whole downtown Dresden is worth hearing about. I read abgout it a long time ago and one really must try to sort the wheat from the chuff.
Maybe I will take the time and write about Dresden and the very last days of World War 2 some other day.

Yesterday we witnessed a very mediocre performance of "Die Meistersinger of Nürenberg".
It amounted to about 4.5 hours of Wagner's great music performed and sung in a rather lackluster manner.
If today's performance of "Parcifal" is presented equally amateurishly, I will be glad to get back to Bleiburg as soon as possible, so that I may continue work on my show "Safari Zimbabwe 2013".

I am not alone in my very critical opinion of this, yesterday's performance. some true Wagner aficionados  shared my dismay and expressed their disappointment even more vociferously.
In both cities, Dresden and Leipzig, we took guided tours. These were most interesting and thereby it will not all be for nought.

I've been thinking about my show about my recent Safari and came up with a few good ideas, how to make it even better.
Guess who can hardly wait to get back to my computer to work some more on this show.

Bertstravels... that's who...

No comments: