Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weather report

Yes, I know, I'm beginning to sound like the "Weather Man"...
After heavy snowfall, followed by brilliant sun shine we have today a rainy period. Not much of the snow, which has inundated us, is left. The skiers are of course crying the blues. I have a simple solution: Let it snow atop the Petzen and let the spring flowers come out down here in the valley.

I don't want to bother you with local Politics...  They're too convoluted to explain. Just as an example: There was a right of right wing party. They had a fight amongst themselves, because some members thought that the party was not right wing enough, or maybe they thought that the party was too far to the right, whichever... so they split up and now there are two right wing parties....
You know: Austria for the Austrians...  deport all the refugees ... throw them out to where they came from..
that's the general tenor of the right of right wing hereabouts.
Fortunately the majority are somewhat more cosmopolitan, and so, this small country is doing its share to alleviate the suffering of so many people in the Middle and Far East, where sanity is  a word to be found only in a dictionary.

               ********************************************************

I am making progress with my little handycam which, as I told you earlier, I bought for my upcoming (in less than 4 weeks) trip to some of the more remote regions of Zimbabwe. The problem with this new camera is that it is very difficult to hold steady in the telephoto mode. Each little jerk is magnified, so that "hand held" is just an expression... in reality I will have to find a way to support it on some sort of  mono pod...
I am already taking a heavy, sturdy, tripod with me and do not wish to lug an additional mono pod with me.
I am thinking of just using a wooden staff of the right height, nail a little platform on top and rest the camera on it. That'll probably  work... or does any of the multitude of this Blog's readers have a better idea?

Talking of "Multitude of Readers"
There is a count shown as to how many times this site was visited. I am totally surprised but, since I started to check this number I have discovered that this Blog has about 35 visits a day. ( I have already deducted my own two visits per day. )...  I know that this is a far cry from the number of hits of Justin Bieber's page... but then, he is a singing star and I only play the mouth organ a bit.. every day.. and I'm getting better at it... so maybe the hits on my Blog will also increase.

You don't want to hear about my tooth ache... so I won't tell you about it...

I'm looking forward to the time when I can go outdoors and take some pictures again, so I will be able to post them instead of my blatherings...

that's what Bertstravels says, anyway.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I don't think those counters count your own visits unless you are visiting from a different computer.

The more pictures you post the more hits you will get as that is the progenitor of the reason people find your blog in the first place, especially if the picture file is descriptive as opposed to DCS?????.

Anyway - blog for your own enjoyment and people will eventually find you.

Bert said...

what is the difference between 'descriptive' and DCS ???