Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

The Old and the New

I have laptop, on which I am writing this. It is at least 5 years old and I wanted a new one... One with a bigger screen and more bells and whistles...
So after long deliberations, examinations, recommendations, I bought, what I was told, is one of the best...
It's called "ASUS"... it looks great... sleek... elegant...
I paid more than "small change" and thought that at this price I ought to have acquired the best...
Well, I thought so, anyway.
The reality is different. It's one frustration after the other.
I turn the bloomin' thing on and get nothing but a white screen....this is of course well after I set everything up.. I got "Google Chrome" I got "Picasa 3" I got "Open Office"
Nothing.. then, all of a sudden, Google appears, but it won't let me type anything in the "Search square"
I call for e-mail.. It appears, but it won't allow me to open anything....
It goes on and on like this ad nauseam and to frustration maximum...
So, my old laptop shows me what "Reliability" means and I am beginning to wonder why I spent all this money for a piece of junk....  Back to the store it goes, from whence it came...
Maybe I shall buy an Abacus... but I hear they are not very good for sending or receiving e-mail.
So in an hour I'll be driving to Klagenfurt, (50 minutes drive) since in the small town where I live, there is no computer store.
I'll let you know the outcome of my negotiations with the company called DiTech...
Maybe they'll give me a new one...
Stay tuned to the woes of
Bertstravels

No comments: