Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

More laptop woes

So, I took the new laptop back to the store. They offer to send it back to the manufacturer under the warranty. I argue that this is not a warranty issue, but a replacement issue. The discussion of whether I should get a new lt or whether the original one should be sent in for repair, lasted well over half an hour.
I told them that my Euros were good from the outset and do not have to be repaired... and for this good money I want a good product....  Something that is as faulty as this one was can, I have no doubt be repaired, and then what ??? When will the next problem rear its ugly head?
All my powers of argument and persuasion finally bore fruit. They, probably just to get rid of me, unpacked a new one which I told them I would take home over the week end and try it out. If I was satisfied with it, I would keep it, otherwise they would see me again on Monday.
Well so far, so good...
This one does everything it's supposed to do. It lets me open Google Chrome, and actually enter something in the search field... it lets me open e-mail, so that if you write to me I may actually read it...
So I've down loaded Google, Picasa, Open Office... If ultimately I decide to keep this monster, I will download ProShowGold and I will be off to the races.
Computers are lovely as long as they work... but talk about frustration when they stubbornly refuse to do as I tell'em....
Bertstravels...

No comments: