Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Through Amazon I ordered the DVD of  "Breakfast at Tiffany's"...
A delightful little movie, starring Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Patricia Neal, Buddy Ebsen Martin Balsam and Mickey Rooney. The Music was partially written by Henry Mancini and played by his Orchestra.
One of the remarkable things, which you would never see in any movie  made today, was the fact that everybody and I mean EVERYBODY with the single exception of Mickey Rooney smoked up a storm.
As soon as a new scene came onto the screen, everyone immediately produced a cigarette and lit up...
In a party scene the smoke hung thickly in the room.
On a hunch I looked up the bios of everybody connected with this production. And what did I find?
You're right !! Everybody, with the exception of the non-smoking Mickey Rooney, is dead.
Smoked themselves to death during the production of this show. Or, could it be possible that they all passed on because they got quite old and would have died even had they never smoked a fag in their lives?
Well, Mickey Rooney is still alive. He is 91 years old and still lives in California.
I haven't smoked in some 25 years and I'm still alive, not yet 91 but at 80 I'm getting there.

Bertstravels.

No comments: