Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

My Home Town

Braunau am Inn

Two important people come from this beautiful little town on the Austrian side of the border to Bavaria.
I, Bertstravels, and one other man, about whom we shall not speak.                                                 (:- ))




This is the front of "Stadtplatz 22".
The building I called my home from my age of 4, until the ripe old age of 23.
This was then and still is now "My Home". although my family had moved  elsewhere.







The sign on this old tower
tells of the naming of Braunau as a town
in the year 1260




"City Hall"


Note the man with the long long beard.
His name was "Hans Steininger"
and in 1567 he was the popular mayor of Braunau.
Rushing to a fire, he, unfortunately, stepped on his beard,
fell down a flight of stairs
and broke his neck
which killed him
dead.



This is the building in which "this other man" was born,
(about whom we shall not speak.)
His beard was not long enough for him to have stepped on it.
If only he had and broken his neck.


No comments: