Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Walk with DDD

What ? You do not know who DDD is ?
DDD, of course, is my, our, dog, called "DoggyDogDog" ( one word, written and  spoken without spaces.)
I have been elected by DDD to take him for a little hike, more like a romp, each morning, when it does not rain cats and dogs.  He does not mind the dogs, but he hates the cats.
We walk, romp, well he romps, I walk behind, pretty much the same route every morning.
Even if I get bored, DDD does not mind sniffing at the same stone, squatting over the same place. 
Yes, I said "squatting", because DDD is a female DDD., and female DDDs do not lift their hind leg. Not the right and surely not the left. It just isn't dignified. We saw a boy D, who almost lost his balance, lifting his right hind leg. DDD and I laughed so hard, tears ran down our faces.

So, walking along the same streets, passing the same dilapidated, unoccupied  houses, you'd think he would get bored. But noooo, not my, our, DDD.  Just never gets bored pointing out to me that these places I frown upon could be photographed. HE tells ME... The nerve of this Dog. Who of the two of us is the one runs around with a camera all the time ?  Who, pray tell,is the photographer around here anyway ? Certainly not DDD. He just pees at things. He has never yet taken a picture.

Well, at his insistence this morning I brought my Nikon D610. That's the camera which is so smart, it selects its own ISO, right up to 6,400.  I suspect that my D610 is smarter than DDD and I together.
So, here are some results of this super smart Camera.
( I cannot show you the results of my super smart DDD. We leave them in a meadow where horses graze and do their thing. Nobody, therefore, would suspect DDD.)



These leaves come from one stem. ( I checked it out )
So why then are some still green, 
while others are reddish and golden-yellow ?
DDD hasn't got a clue. She just shakes her head.


Heavy morning dew on the blades of grass.



The climbing vies over the windows and particularly over the door ( below )
is a certain sign that "nobody is home."


This reminds me of a summer play we saw in Gananoque. 
(just the other side of Kingston )
called "The Mollycoddlers"
Funny, funny, dialog:
"Where shall we meet next week, to discuss whom we shall rob ?
"Let's meet at the abandoned house."
"But what will we do if they are home ?"





The early morning sun, comes in at a slant,
making the brook run silver.



No comments: