Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Paradise ... almost

Today:

The sun blazes from a virgin sky.
Over the mountain blows a hot breeze
from the Adriatic

two sprinklers lazily turn their fan-shaped spray
from side to side,
barely covering half of our back garden.

At the bottom of the pool
you can see a dime without distortion.
The water is crystal clear and light blue.

The red and yellow roses in the corner
bend their heads in the heat of the day.
Tired.

Kitty-Cat-Cat and Doggy-Dog-Dog stretch in the shade
of a large, rust red umbrella.
He, slightly snoring and she, purring with pleasure;
unadulterated.

I, in my swimming trunks, still wet
from the recent head first dive into the pool,
lie on a comfortable deck chair
also in the shade of a wide brimmed sun screen.

Through the half open window of my studio
I hear Harry Belafonte sing in his slightly raspy voice
about an „Island in the Sun.“

and I think: „Is there a more beautiful „Island in the Sun“
than the one in which I stretch my ancient bones ?

It would truly be paradise
if only....


Bertstravels
inspite of all the beauty is a bit on a downer.






No comments: