Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Peacock

I suspect that once before I have posted this picture of a ripe Milkweed plant, bursting with seamen, 
It is one of my most favourite images and, since this Blog is conducted more or less for my own amusement, I am posting it again:


"Der Pfau" is German for "The Peacock"
Last year this picture was exhibited in a photo exhibition in Klagenfurt
and I would love to tell you that it won First Price.
However, it only got an "honourable mention" (4th place)
 and hung in the gallery for a month.
When I compared it with the prize winning entries I thought: 
"The fix is in"
but then I realized that everybody, 
except for the First Price Winner thought the same.
It's funny, in an exhibit of 50 pictures, 49 exhibitors think that they have been misjudged and only one of 50 believes that 
"justice has been done."

As I have asked the viewer so many times before: 
Look at it in the largest possible format.
You'll like it and you will probably agree with me
that 
"The Fix was in"
******
so at least thinks 
Bertstravels


No comments: