Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

some slide shows

No, I had not forgotten, but just rarely thought about it.
Some time ago I posted a few slide shows on the "photodex" web site and it occurs to me that, if you had absolutely nothing better to do, you might visit this site and try out one or the other of these shows.
3 or 4 of them are about some very good local artists, of whom I particularly like Karl Brandstaetter and most of all, his "Horsemen of the Apocalypse".
Karl is one of the modern artist-painters, who still allows you to see 'whereof he speaketh' and not of the Sharlatan variety of whom I spoke earlier on under the heading: "Art is in the eye of the beholder".
Anyway, there is Karl Brandstaetter, and Giselbert Hoke and Franz Brandl as well as Dinese. Dinese has a most interesting way of painting: She goes to a high elevation, or in some cases she hires a plane (with pilot) and looks at the countryside from this high vantage point. then she returns home and simply from memory she paints what she has seen.
When I photographed the Hoke show, I mentioned the word "abstract" in connection with his work. He corrected me and I remember what he said verbatim:
"My work is not in the Abstract. The Abstract style demands an object to be abstracted. With me, the painting is the object."
I could go on and on telling you about my conversation with these artists.
But for the time being I would like to suggest that you try this site:

www.photodex.com/share/bertspix1

you may be asked to instal the "Presenter-plug-in". This is free of charge and occupies a miniscule space on your PC.
Once you have done that, several shows will be shown as icons, of which you may select one.
another message may tell you that your permission is required. Just right click on this message and then click on "granted" ... Sounds complicated, but really is not.
Will you enjoy one or the other of the shows posted there.?
So hopes

Bertstravels

P.S. for greater enjoyment please right click on the screen and select "Full Screen"





No comments: