Search This Blog

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Art is in the eye of the beholder...

... or, Art is what I say it is !

I went to a "modern art" exhibit !
and could not decide whether the paintings of one of the artists were simply "Rorschach Blots" or if the other exhibitor ( artist) was simply putting me on.
A white canvass with a hand drawn black line running from the lower left to the upper right corner was entitled: "opposites".
I was tempted to enter a white canvas without this black line and simply call it "Opposites lost".
When I asked the curator if I could enter such an exhibit, he assured me, with a sarcastic smile, that as soon as I had become famous, and prove sales of at least €3000.00  per exhibit, he would gladly hang any of my works in his gallery.

Next week I will bring him a sample of my creations. But before I do, I would like you to have first choice. For €3000.00 you may have any of the originals shown below:



I decided to stay honest and therefore I call this Work of Art:
"Rock on Glass"
or maybe
"Rock through Glass"


I may have to change this title before my Vernissage  in the Louvre.
At present it is called:
"Polar Bear having a Crap"


There is a great title for the above:
"Defying a heavy downpour under a big umbrella"
( Note the long tongue between pursed lips under a hooked nose)


At the Louvre they will simply love this title:

"Tour de France, Final Stage."

If you think that these titles are too realistic, don't worry; I can dream up titles at a moment's notice.
i.e. : Expression of an Impression #1
or  : Expression of an Impression #2

amd so on "at nauseam" 

I think, however, that maybe, 
Bertspix 
should stick to photography.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

As always, your creativity and imagination are perfect!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bert said...

Thank you, Nancy,
It's just a game.
Bert