Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Add to LIMBO

I received three e-mails responding to my question about Limbo.
Not one of them takes a position, Pro or Con to the issue I raised,  but all three tell me that the Bible is not to be taken literally. With this argument one can of course accept every bit of nonsense written anywhere.
Am I therefore to understand that Baptism is not necessary, because its requirement is not to be taken literally? How do Christians know what to accept because it is meant to be accepted, and what they may ignore because it is not to be taken literally?
So I am asking again: Were  new borne babies who died prior to being baptised consigned to hell until the 13th century when the Catholic Church simply invented Limbo ?
And this consignment, first to Hell and then to Limbo was done in the name of an "All Loving", "All Merciful" God????    Give me a break....

Quite frankly, I would prefer if readers who feel that they would like to comment would do so on the "comment" directly on the Blog, so that others who might be interested may also read  opinions other than mine.

Bertstravels

No comments: