Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Young Canadian Musicians and Singers in Austria

There were 81 all together. Musicians and Singers, accompanied by 8 teacher-chaperons.
They came from Newmarket, a small community north of Toronto, Canada.
They came to Vienna and Salzburg, the two Musical Capitals of Austria, and gave a multi-faceted concert in Vienna in front of the Castle "Schoenbrun", the former summer residence of the Habsburgs.
Did I say "multi-faceted"? If a swinging rendition of "Hockey Night in Canada" and a vocal rendition of "Ave Maria" is not multi-faceted, then I don't know what is.
Unfortunately I did not follow them to Salzburg, so I can only assume that the listeners there were equally impressed with those young musicians.

It was nice to get a piece of "Home" presented here in Austria.

Come on, quick, give me an "e"... no.. that was an "e-flat"
Bertstravels.

1 comment:

Lianne said...

how cool - more pics please.