Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Some B i r d s


a while ago I showed you some flowers: Turk's Hat Lillies..
so, for a change I thought I'll show you some birds.
above: a "Scarlet Tanager"
I particularly like his wing and tail feathers being as black
as the burnt stump on which the birds sits.

I'm not sure, but I think that this is an "Oriol"
If I'm wrong, I hope somebody will tell me.

Those two birds I'm sure of:
Above sits a "Red Headed Wood Pecker"
and below is a somewhat rare sight:
A Loon upon her nest. Loons really do not like dry land.
Because of their legs being located well back of their body,
they're great swimmers and divers, but lousy runners.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lianne said...

OMG great shots dad - where are these taken (besides the loon that is, lol)

Bert said...

Except for the Loon (;-) )
these pictures were taken on the Pelee peninsula.. (or is it Peele)