Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Summer is on its way.

This is hard to believe...
I'm sitting in my bathing trunks in a deck chair in our garden. The sun is beating down with all its might. One might think it's July or August. I got so hot that I came indoors to cool off. I regret that our pool is not in operation yet, or I would have been in it.
I remember a day like today also in March, but many years ago. I was in Algonquin Park, having just completed a single portage from Opeongo Lake into Proulx Lake, then the paddle through Proulx Lake, Proulx Marsh and on into Big Crow Lake... I was hot and bothered and went for a swim.... In Canada... In March... 200 km North of TO.
You may believe me when I tell you that I did not stay in the water very long. The lake was still freezing cold and I was more "in and out" in an awful hurry, than in for a leisurely swim.
I am looking forward to this summer.. in particular to my Visit in May, all of May, to Canada... Mostly TO, but on the plan is also Shakespeare in Stratford, Algonquin Park and several other wonderful things to do and enjoy.

Let me just tell you something that struck my funny-bone:
I accidentally (of course) spelled Shakespeare as "Sheakespeare" .. right away my Spell check underlined the word in red. I right clicked for the correction and there were several alternatives: Of course there was "Shakespeare" but there also, in second place, was the alternative: "Speakerphone"....
I truly think that's funny: Shakespeare and Speakerphone...  there is a spiritual connection.. even if not a spelling connection...
Don't you think that's funny ? I would enjoy your comment.

quickly... somebody hand me a Theosaurus. (spell check this)
Bertstravels.

No comments: