Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Dainese paints Carinthia


I seem to get to know more artists,
up close and personal than ever before.
This is Dainese: Borne in Italy, educated in England
now married and living in Carinthia.
As she said: She came to Carinthia,
fell in love with the country and has been painting it
ever since.
She predominantely uses blues and greens and has
become known for the colours and multiple hues
in her work.
Dainese is not only a talented artist
but she is also most charming.
Unfortunately, these images do not do justice to her work.
Some of her canvasses, (she paints in oil ) are quite large
and inspite of the tenderness of her work,
they convey considerable power.


I just wish I could exhibit all of her canvasses in LARGE here.
The details contained directly or hinted at
are astonishing.


It can be argued that her portraits
are even better than her landscapes
You'd have to see her work yourself to judge.


Maybe I will put a few more of
her paintings on my Blog.
I am now working on a PSG show
which I will post on my Photodex Website for your
enjoyment and edification.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lianne said...

I have to say that her landscapes are nice, but they seem to lack some of the colours I am used to seeing in nature - her portraits on the other hand are outstanding and you should commission her to do one of you - really excellent work...does she ship to Toronto?