Search This Blog

Saturday, February 8, 2020

The British Virgin Islands

For the first time in my life I went SCUBA diving near the Island of Tortola.
Our maximum depth was about 15 meters, where, without a strong light, colours fade into gentle blues and greens. Strong colours, particularly reds, disappear. Nevertheless, it was an exhilarating experience.
Here are some of the pictures I took, and had taken, with a little underwater Nikon.



This rock, near the Island of Tortola, offered good SKUBA diving 
and picture taking possibilities.


I don't know if this is I or my teacher and protector.


This is a shot I took of our Captain.
Please note how quietly this experienced diver is breathing.
Nary a bubble of air to be seen.



My excitement is palpable.


My Captain, teacher and protector.

No comments: