Search This Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Canada 2017

It was from September 12 to Sept 22, a short 10 days during which I visited friends and family.
Only two short trips took me outside the boundaries of Metropolitan Toronto.
One was to Stratford on Avon, where Canada Geese and Swans seem to overpopulate the shores of the Avon river, and where I saw the most acrobatic version of the Musical: Guys and Dolls.
If you have a chance to visit this place and see this show: Grab it. The voices are very good and the dancing!!!!  Well, the dancing was simply superb.  All .in All a wonderful experience.
The second short trip brought me to Nottawa, where my good friend Andy lives with his lovely wife Doreen.
In Unionville I met with members of the WUSC, by now an annual happening. A nicer group of young men would be hard to call together for a joint dinner of, you guessed it: "Wiener Schnitzel."
The rest of the time I spent in Toronto with family: Steven and Lianne and their respective families.

Strangely I did very little photography and the attached few must suffice as a sample of  this year's output.


One of my favourite  Toronto foto-games:
Looking for a building being reflected in a building


Each visit I have photographed Toronto's C.N. Tower.


Above and Below:
Some members of the W.U.S.C.
Names?
Well, there is Carlo and Gil and Steve and Steven (note the subtle difference)
and Mauro and Joe
and then there is Frank and Carlo and Gil (again)
All together: A great team!!!



On the porch of Andy and  Doreen's beautiful home in Nottawa, near Collingwood.


My two best friends: Andy and John.
(I am lucky that they are about 15 years younger than I am, so I can still have a dinner with them.)


My best image of a Mallard.
(Taken on the shore of the Avon River in Stratford, Ontario).

No comments: