Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Back to Africa

Although departure to Africa is not until 14th May, some 80 days in the future, the anticipation, not to say excitement, is slowly building. One might think that after 12 such Safaris I would get used to the adventure and approach the 13th trip with a certain equanimity. This, however, is not so.
Africa, for me, holds a never ending challenge, a new vista, another discovery.
Even if I have taken literally hundreds of photographs of elephants, for instance, this next one just might be the all time best image ever of such a marvelous animal.
Will I be able to improve upon some of the lion images from previous Safaris?
Can there be a more graphic shot of a black maned Lion of the Kalahari, than the ones I was lucky to get during my visit there two years ago?
Of course there can! And it is this possibility and a thousand others which drive me there again and again.





No comments: