Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Remember Monika ?

I've been wondering whatever happened to Monika Rathgeber ? Haven't heard from good old Moni in quite a while.
You don't remember Monika ? 
Well, let me refresh your memory: She is the Lady employed by the Provincial Government of Salzburg in the Finance Department. She is the one who gambled with tax payers money, She's the one who, it is said, forged a letter from the building department, giving her access to some huge amounts of Euros, which she promptly placed into some high risk investments, thereby causing a loss to the Province of some 340 Million Euros. Handwriting experts testified that the letter was a forgery. It was clear that this forgery could only have come from Monika's office.
So much for the back ground.
Now Monika has written a book: "Am System zerbrochen" (destroyed by the System)
(I have not yet read the book and am only quoting from an article in today's "Kurier")
During a news conference, introducing her book, Monika is quoted as follows:
"Yes, I have made some mistakes: I should have communicated better and made more notes".
Isn't this just lovely. What should she have communicated ? That she forged signatures, whole documents, gambled with taxpayers money in High Risk Investments ? 
Other than those admitted "mistakes" she would have done everything else the same? Committed forgeries on a grand scale? Yes! Because everything she did was "done to keep harm from my country."
And here is a quaint quote:
"For me it is unimaginable how the Power Apparatus can operate against an individual."
I suppose that Al Capone could have said the same.
No, I am not comparing Monika to Al, only to the extent that the "Power Apparatus" (Government) will direct its might against an accused criminal.

If you want, you may obtain one of the 5000 copies printed for €17,90.

An intrepid reporter asked:  "How do you see your future?
 Her answer: "I would like to continue my work in the financial area, however, I have not yet made a decision.  The fact that at the moment there is a law suit pending, does not simplify the job search.

Let me issue a word of  caution : So far, Ms Rathgeber has only been accused of these crimes and misdemeanors. Various testimonies during  Court proceedings may prove Monika innocent of all charges.

What do you think?

Bertstravels has difficulties spelling the words: "Aleged" 

No comments: